Incumbent is responsible for serving as the enterprise, P&L owner of Medicaid Managed Long Term Supports (MLTSS) products. Charged with proving strategic leadership and comprehensive product performance management of MLTSS. The position will be accountable for strategic planning, local market guidance and support for their MLTSS membership, operations, financial management, product development as well as the overall success of the Medicaid Managed Long Term Support and Services products and membership. Incumbent will lead a team that will partner to craft strategies to implement MLTSS programs in new and existing markets in a manner that drives competitive advantage. Drives the development of the overall objectives, strategies and program design of all MLTSS products enterprise wide.
Reports to: VP, Product
Dept.: HPS - Medicaid
Location: Tampa, FL or Remote
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Responsible for the overall development of effective strategies, programs and initiatives for a continued and effective successful implementation of the enterprise-wide Managed Long Term Services and Support (MLTSS).
- Direct and lead the development of comprehensive business plans to implement and establish MLTSS programs to include but not limited to growth strategies, operational excellence and the achievement of financial objectives.
- Partners with Divisional SVPs and Market Presidents on crafting and communicating WellCare’s MLTSS story with government partners and external stakeholders.
- Crafts an innovative LTSS enterprise-strategy that differentiates WellCare in respective Markets.
- Monitor performance reporting to determine progress and status in attaining the objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Lead, coach and develop a team MLTSS professionals to accomplish the objectives through direct reporting and matrix relationships.
- Responsible for supporting business development efforts through understanding and demonstrating strategies and LTSS development to capitalize on opportunities.
- Partner closely with business development to understand new and emerging MLTSS requests and subsequent contract requirements for all markets and shared services initiatives. Coordinate and support business development leaders from the markets and centralized procurement.
- Maintains up to date market intelligence to understand customer needs, competitive activity and emerging product opportunities especially in the MLTSS space.
- Lead cross-functional work groups to implement MLTSS programs enterprise-wide.
- Provide strategic input and recommendations on all MLTSS activities. Interface with senior leadership on strategic decision making for related products and programs.
- Performs other duties, projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Health Administration or related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Health Administration or related field
- Required 15 years of experience in Managed care program management and support
- Required 10 years of experience in Progressive experience working in the Managed Care industry
- Required 5 years of management experience Leading a mid-size to large department/organization team
- Required Other Solid experience and exposure leading projects and people in two of the following areas: Product Development, Product Managmenet, Marketing & Sales, and or Strategic Planning.
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Other Knowledge and exposure to CMS regulations
- Advanced Other Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project