Conducts home/facility visits to perform a comprehensive health re-assessment regarding clinical, behavioral and home safety requirements on existing members in the community as required by the state for the Managed Long Term Care program.
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Dir, LTC Clinical Programs
- Conducts home/facility visit(s) for comprehensive health re-assessments regarding clinical, behavioral and home safety requirements on existing members.
- Identifies applicant's health needs and completes medical assessment of applicant.
- Tracks assessment schedule and updates assessments in a timely manner.
- Initiates direct communication with health care providers involved in care of the applicant to obtain complete and accurate information as needed.
- Collects information concerning ongoing eligibility.
- Coordinates with Care Management team and provides updates regarding member health status.
- Inputs visit and assessment data into systems
- Adheres to all HIPPA standards and confidentiality requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Drivers license may be required
- Required An Associate's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Required 2 years of experience in a clinical acute care setting, preferably in home health and/or geriatrics
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments and prioritize workload
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Advanced Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Intermediate Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Other Field work preferred
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)
- Preferred Other bilingual skills