Manages, organizes, and plans the day-to-day activities of the Learning and Development team. Supports enterprise projects for complex, multi-functional areas across the organization. Recommends improvements for all training tools usage, meeting or exceeding stakeholders' expectations. Works closely with business sponsors, users, peers, and other stakeholders to identify requirements and provide solutions that will support critical business strategies.
Department: Enterprise Learning and Development
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Learning and Development
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops associate education by organizing the learning, design, development, administration, measurement of results and communication of training.
- Initiates enhancements to training tools, design and reporting that will lead to improved responsiveness to business needs.
- Develops a template of learning solutions that form the core of operational products. Ensure that a curriculum includes formal training programs as well as a mix of informal learning, e-learning, and initiatives that promote On the Job Training.
- Works closely with a geographically dispersed learning community, providing leadership, training, curriculum, certification processes, examinations, ongoing communications, marketing and online training resources.
- Manages associate performance by effectively communicating expectations and providing regular feedback with recommendations for development. Directs work assignments, measures results and builds a strong team.
- Provides daily direction, guidance and oversight to direct reports. Documents associate performance throughout the year, providing informal performance feedback as well as conducting mid-year and annual performance evaluations.
- Oversees training of newly hired associates with responsibility for successful onboarding.
- Drives the implementation and ongoing direction of training tools to develop new features and functionality.
- Provides top-level escalation support (in person, by phone, and web-based remote support) for training requests.
- Manages, updates, prioritizes and tracks training requests.
- Interfaces with external vendors and agencies as they relate to sustaining and continually improving learning capabilities.
- Leads information sessions and presentations to publicize and educate teams about learning tools.
- Manages and continuously improves processes, controls and processes for the provision of end-user support and training
- Recruits, selects, trains and retains highly qualified professionals. Provides resource plans for successful completion of training delivery, projects and initiatives.
- Creates and maintain reports and dashboards, highlighting progress of the implementation program as well as ongoing performance and business value.
- Monitors and reports the status and progress of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives.
- Effectively and successfully manages multiple projects to achieve project goals and meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Required 5 years of experience in Human Performance and/or Training and Development with an emphasis on the theories of adult learning in a corporate environment.
- Required 2 years experience in leading/supervising others
- Required Other Project management and execution involving multiple major development projects
- Preferred Other HMO, managed healthcare or Insurance professional
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management Classroom training
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills Counseling and mentoring
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Intermediate Other Curriculum development including blended learning
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Other Internet and computer based training
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word