This highly visible role within the organization reports to and will work closely with the Vice President, Investor Relations (IR) to collaborate and interface with executive and senior leadership across multiple functional areas across the company, as well as representing WellCare with external stakeholders, including research analysts and investors. Position supports the investor relations program through the development, implementation and execution of IR strategy, including, but not limited to: the development and communication of company's strategy; supporting the company's brand and reputation through press releases, conference calls, analyst conferences and road show events; and by providing in-depth analysis and perspective on financial, operational and other related data for the company, its competitors and other market players.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Collaborate on message development, including the planning, drafting and distribution of IR-related documents such as earnings releases and other material news announcements, Q&A documents, talking points/scripts, annual reports (including online annual report), and conference and Investor Day materials.
- Ensure consistency in messaging across IR and external and internal communications.
- Understand and effectively communicate the Company's strategy and operational and financial performance.
- Seek to continuously improve IR processes and procedures and communication strategy to drive stronger partnerships and value-add program enhancements.
- Conduct competitor and industry research and stay current with changes in the market and managed care industry trends
- Provide financial and "ad hoc" analyses in support of the investor relations program.
- Analyze and report on shareholder ownership changes and provide perspective on current investor base; make sound recommendations for investor targeting.
- Develop investor presentations messaging company's strategy and financial and operational performance.
- Manage press release process, including drafting releases, developing key messages, Q&A and other materials, and posting press releases to wire services and IR website.
- Create, maintain and update financial and other IR materials (e.g., financial schedules, shareholder lists, earnings calendar, reports for board of directors).
- Oversee the production of the Annual Report (AR) and all end-to-end activities associated with the AR process, including, but not limited to, the development of project time line, ensuring responsible parties submit deliverables on time, developing draft of electronic/online and print AR.
- Content owner for the organization's corporate IR website, including the creation and updating of material appropriate for the IR subdomain.
- Manage and maintain the investor relations calendar, including scheduling investor/analyst calls, earnings conference calls, investor conferences, non-deal roadshows and on site analyst/investor meetings; manage investor conference registration process and investor 1x1 meeting schedule.
- Develop and maintain investor fact sheets and content, including IR contact lists and database, and contact management system.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 7 years of experience in investor relations, finance/accounting and a firm understanding of financial statements and metrics
- Preferred - Accounting and finance experience in Managed Care/Health Care
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, GASB and FASB statements and standards
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint