LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
DEPARTMENT: Finance-Investor Relations
REPORTING TO: VP, Investor Relations
The Investor Relations Analyst position directly reports to the Vice President, Investor Relations (IR) and works collaboratively within the IR team to successfully implement an investor relations and financial communications plan in support of WellCare's overall business strategy to enhance the credibility and performance of the Company, leading to a fair valuation of WellCare. In this role, the IR Analyst will assist with the communication of the Company's financial results, historical performance and business strategy to investors and financial analysts. This position's responsibilities include analyzing and interpreting financial, operational and other related data for the Company, its competitors and other market players to prepare financial and other material press releases, presentations, talking points, Q&A documents and other key messages. The person in this position will collaborate with many departments and levels, including senior management, within the Company.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Provide financial/analytical and other IR-related communications support to VP, IR and contribute to "ad hoc" analyses in support of the IR function as necessary
- Assist VP, IR with communications between the Company and the investment community, particularly financial analysts and investors. Assist in the planning, preparation, drafting and distribution of IR-related documents, including earnings and other material press releases, Q&A documents, talking points/scripts, key messages documents, quarterly and annual reports, and conference and Investor Day materials.
- Conduct investor targeting for investor conferences, nondeal roadshows, and other investor meetings.
- Partner with the corporate communications (internal and public relations) and government affairs teams to ensure consistency in messaging; review press releases, presentations and talking points under direction of VP, IR.
- Maintain and update IR calendar, including scheduling investor/analyst calls, earnings conference calls, investor conferences, nondeal roadshows and onsite meetings.
- Coordination of investor/analyst meetings, Investor Day and investor conference participation.
- Create, update and/or maintain IR contact lists and CRM database. and financial binders and other IR-related "fact sheets".
- Create and update IR financial binders, fact sheets; assist with financial modeling.
- Contribute to creation of investor presentations and update as appropriate.
- Monitor competitor and market information obtained from analyst reports and media sources; compile relevant information into summaries for distribution to key internal associates.
- Set up earnings (and other material) conference calls and web casts.
- Update to CFO Monthly Board memo and other executive- and board-related materials as appropriate.
- Manage IR sub domain of WellCare's corporate website, including the creation and updating of content appropriate for the IR sub domain.
- Research investor inquiries and requests for information, as directed by VP, Investor Relations.
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal associates, including Corporate Communications/PR, Government Affairs, Legal, Accounting, Corporate Development, Strategy and other key operating contacts, and external stakeholders, including investor relations vendors.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company by partnering with finance functional areas (accounting, FP&A) to understand drivers of financial results and the financial planning process and with other lines of business (market business units) to understand the company's strategy, businesses, regulatory and competitive landscape.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 3 years of experience in investor relations, finance/accounting, with a demonstrated understanding of managed care and a firm understanding of financial statements and metrics
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of SEC, NYSE and other regulatory agency requirements.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word