WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses exclusively on providing government-sponsored managed care services through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs.
Our members are our reason for being. We help those eligible for government-sponsored healthcare plans live better, healthier lives.
WellCare's vision is to be a leader in government-sponsored healthcare programs in collaboration with our members, providers and
VALUESPartnership, Integrity, Accountability, One Team
What we do: WellCare coordinates healthcare services for people eligible for government-sponsored coverage, such as Medicaid and Medicare. We focus on families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. Our goal is to help them lead better, healthier lives.
Because we know our members often have challenges in life beyond their healthcare, we work hard to be part of the communities where they live. We employ compassionate care managers who personally engage our members and physicians. We also work with community-based organizations and social services to meet needs such as food, shelter and transportation.
We seek to understand all of our members' needs, and try to get them the right care at the right time in the most appropriate setting. We partner with high-performing physicians and hospitals to accomplish this goal. By managing care this way, we achieve better health outcomes and lower costs.
Our government customers appreciate the value in this approach because we're taking on the challenges inherent with people who have complex health needs, and we're providing effective, quality healthcare programs that offer predictable costs to taxpayers.
As an Intern with WellCare, you have an opportunity to work on assignments that will be challenging and rewarding to gain hands-on experience. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including day-to-day activities within assigned department.
Intern Assignment: Paid, 12 weeks (May to August 2018)
We do not currently offer for credit intern programs.
- Participates on work teams, contributes to projects and initiatives, and performs various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- Performs research and prepares reports on assigned topics and /or projects.
- Works with departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects.
- Presents project results to department personnel or management.
- May create or update systems or databases for specific department needs.
- May perform analytical work within the assigned functional area.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate student in an accredited college program with course work related to the internship with a minimum 3.0 GPA or Pass ratings.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.