The mission of Internal Audit is to provide independent, objective assurance designed to add value and improve the Company's operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's control, risk management, and compliance processes.
Will be working on assignments that will be challenging and rewarding to gain hands-on experience. Will be responsible for a variety of tasks including day to day activities within assigned department. Assists with various projects and requests from management and other departments.
The Intern will work on multiple teams performing similar functions that a Staff Auditor will perform. Under direct supervision and guidance, the Intern will work on multiple audits (i.e., Compliance, Operational, Information Technology) and assist in performing walk-throughs of key business processes and perform testing of controls.
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- May perform analytical work within the assigned functional area.
- Perform research and prepare reports on assigned topics and /or projects.
- May create or update systems or databases for specific department needs.
- Work with departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects.
- Present project results to department personnel or management.