Tampa, FL 33634
We are looking to hire an intern for the Government Affairs and Public Policy Departments.
These departments oversee the federal and state government affairs operations for WellCare—in both Medicare and Medicaid product line. Our departments provide tools and resources, review legislation, collaborate with external and internal lobbyists in our markets and federally, write policy papers, and assist in the execution of federal and state government affairs strategy benefiting WellCare.
Participate in weekly/biweekly market government affairs calls
Assist/support research and writing of key policy papers for markets and Shared services
Assist with various reports that are due following legislative sessions on the state and federal levels.
- Participate on work teams, contribute to projects and initiatives, and perform various tasks as needed by the assigned unit/department.
- May perform analytical work within the assigned functional area.
- Perform research and prepare reports on assigned topics and /or projects.
- May create or update systems or databases for specific department needs.
- Work with departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects.
- Present project results to department personnel or management.
- Required Other Currently enrolled as a Senior or Graduate student in a college program with course work related to the internship with a minimum 3.0 GPA or Pass ratings.
Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
Should be able to multitask and prioritize things.
Should be self-motivated, independent and detail oriented.
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint