Location: Tampa FL (Henderson Rd)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Learning & Development
Under general supervision, plans, organizes, develops and analyzes training curricula, materials, CBT's and programs to meet specific training needs and business goals. Designs and supervises learning programs using a systematic instructional design process with an outcomes-based methodology. Works with management to ensure course materials are current and relevant to training needs. Facilitates training during introduction of new courses. Tracks and analyzes training programs by examining learners' satisfaction levels, proficiency testing and job performance. Ensures a high degree of consistency and uniformity of training programs. Provides mentoring and guidance to Instructional Designers on all aspects of instructional design.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Assess, design and develop “learner-focused” instructional materials including training modules, manuals, teaching aids, training activities, role play scenarios, facilitator guides, self-paced study and multimedia solutions for a blended learning environment.
- Develop learning programs across a variety of mediums (print, self-study, classroom, and virtual classroom)
- Conduct structured needs assessments and provides detailed recommendations to Senior Learning and Development Manager.
- Design programs using a systematic instructional design process with an outcomes-based methodology.
- Develop and designs training scripts to be used in learning lesson plans.
- Evaluate training programs using systematic instructional design process.
- Revise existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and business feedback to maximize learning, using sound instructional design principles and accelerated learning methods.
- Continuously review all training programs to ensure they meet the business needs and design/competency standards that are set forth by Senior Learning and Development Manager.
- Propose plans to reduce classroom time, increase self-study and online learning with proven ROI.
- Conduct and/or coordinate "train the trainer" sessions as necessary to support training initiatives.
- Develop training measurement standards and ensure process consistency.
- Coach and mentor instructional designers in technical development and standardized design processes.
- Ensure assessment requirements and standards for all training programs are met.
- Assist Senior Learning and Development Manager with tasks as required.
- Project Manage multiple design projects in support of business strategies including working with subject matter experts and program sponsors.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or formal accredited training in instructional design methodologies
- Required 3 years of experience in a corporate training & development environment and experience directly using the theories of adult learning and accelerated learning in a business environment
- Required 3 years of experience in instructional design
- Required Other Experience in gathering and analyzing performance assessment data and making logical recommendations for solutions to close performance gaps
- Required Other Experience in developing storyboards
- Required Other Experience handling numerous tasks and multiple projects
- Preferred Other Direct training experience with insurance, claims, customer service, and call center and/or health management organization
- Preferred Other Experience with government programs, Medicare and Medicaid
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Other Effective facilitation skills using adult learning principles
- Intermediate Other Adept at finding and researching numerous resources and extracting key ideas for use in written/spoken lesson plans and programs
- Advanced Other Knowledge and working skill of online learning courses
- Advanced Other Knowledge and working skill of Design technology
- Advanced Other Ability to read large amounts of technical materials and extract key ideas for use in written / spoken lesson plans and programs
- Advanced Other Ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally in English to audiences of various education levels / cultural backgrounds
- Advanced Other Proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons
- Intermediate Other Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a plus
- Required Advanced Windows Operating System
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced SharePoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Advanced Other Knowledge and working skill of Articulate 360, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Professional, Camtasia, Animation Software, Snag It technologies
- Preferred Advanced Other Exposure to insurance plan software (Perot Systems -- Excelys ).