Plans, organizes, develops and analyzes training curricula, materials, elearning and programs to meet specific training needs and business goals. Works with management to ensure course materials are current and relevant to training needs. Facilitates training during introduction of new courses. Tracks and analyzes training programs by examining learners’ satisfaction levels, proficiency testing and job performance. Provides mentoring and guidance to trainers on all aspects of instructional design.
DEPARTMENT: eLearning & Development
REPORTS TO: Manager, Learning & Development
- Assess, design and develop “learner-focused” instructional materials including training modules, manuals, teaching aids training activities, role play scenarios, facilitator guides, self-paced study and multimedia solutions for a blended learning environment.
- Develop learning programs across a variety of mediums (print, self-study, classroom, and virtual classroom).
- Design programs using a systematic instructional design process with an outcomes-based methodology.
- Conduct structured needs assessments and provide detailed recommendations to Training Manager.
- Develop and design training scripts to be used in learning lesson plans.
- Evaluate training programs using systematic instructional design process.
- Revise existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Teach and mentor trainers to maximize group dynamics through the use of “learner focused” environments, basic instructional design and accelerated learning methods.
- Continuously review all training programs to ensure they meet the business needs and design/competency standards that are set forth by Senior Learning and Development Manager.
- Propose plans to reduce classroom time, increase self-study and online learning with proven ROI.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required an Associate's Degree in a related field or formal accredited training in instructional design methodologies
- Required 3 years of experience in in a corporate training & development environment and experience directly using the theories of adult learning and accelerated learning in a business environment
- Required 3 years of experience in direct training experience with insurance claims, customer service, and call center and/or health management organization
- Required experience in developing storyboards
- Required experience handling numerous tasks and multiple projects
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate knowledge and working skills of online learning courses
- Intermediate knowledge and working skill of Flash technology
- Intermediate effective facilitation skills using adult learning principles
- Intermediate proficient in English language
- Intermediate ability to read large amounts of technical materials and extract key ideas for use in written/spoken lesson plans and programs
- Intermediate proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons
- Intermediate ability to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus
- Required advanced Windows Operating System
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate SharePoint
- Required intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required intermediate knowledge and working skill of Flash, Captivate, Fireworks, Articulate, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Professional, Snag It technologies
- Preferred intermediate exposure to insurance plan software (Perot Systems -- Excelys)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.