Provides leadership, operational management and administrative support for infrastructure engineering teams and functions. Acts as a liaison to upper management and/or associates in other IT and business areas. Oversees the design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support of all enterprise Infrastructure components (Server, Storage and Database) to meet the business requirements of the organization. Manages Engineering Teams to meet or exceed business requirements for customer service, quality, and support functions on a near round the clock basis, to users around the globe.
- Provides leadership and oversight for design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support for all processes and workflow owned by the department. This includes periodic reviews and modifications as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and oversight for design, documentation, planning, implementation, monitoring, and support for server and database based network services
- Provides leadership and oversight for design, documentation, planning, implementation, monitoring, and support for enterprise storage, backup, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Ensures that all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security
- Manages and leads a team of dedicated IT engineering professionals by coaching, mentoring, disciplining and leading by example.
- Investigates, initiates, and manages process and cost saving improvement initiatives as required.
- Coordinates activities of unit to meet budget and deadlines and resolves conflicting demands.
- Sets overall goals, performance standards, and operational priorities and manages resources to operational goals and budget.
- Provides input into budget. Responsible for fiscal performance of function managed.
- Collects and reports on system, process and workflow metrics on a monthly basis or as requested by management.
- Respond to escalations or emergency issues.
- Provides project management and leadership for systems and Infrastructure projects.
- Reviews new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process, performance, and reliability improvement as well as to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in information systems/information technology, related field or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: 8 years experience working in Information Technology and project management with experience in leadership and/or management.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
Strong strategic and operational knowledge in enterprise server, storage and database design, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and support
Enterprise storage and backup design, implementation, administration and support
Network service, application, and database design, implementation, administration, and support
Network management and/or security
Ability to document and diagram solutions using standard formats.
Strong effective communicate skills.
Must be able to communicate technical solutions to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.