Plans IT audit projects, develops audit programs, works directly with IT management and areas undergoing audit, completes audit testing, prepares reports of results and recommendations, and ensures that recommendations are implemented.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Facilitates the audit planning, audit program development, and preparation of IT audits.
- Independently interviews and obtains audit evidence from audit clients.
- Performs detailed data analysis procedures on populations of transactions to validate control performance.
- Provides independent appraisals, analyses, and observations for examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business application and general computer controls.
- Completes quality audit testing, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner.
- Consults with management to help develop corrective action plans for audit issues identified.
- Leads closing meetings with audit clients.
- Follows up to ensure that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Conducts audits in accordance with the professional standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Assists in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Works closely with the audit management regarding the status and budget of assigned audits.
- Works closely with the consulting firm on IT audits.
- Ability to retain confidentiality regarding privileged company information.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, preferably
- Required 4 years of experience in directly related IT audit
- Required Other Experience auditing ERP systems, Data Analytic Procedures
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Other Facilitative skills
- Advanced Other Interviewing skills sufficient to obtain understanding of area under audit and document the processes clearly and concisely within budgeted timeframe
- Advanced Other Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other CISA, CIA, CPA, or other professional designations
- Required Advanced Control Objectives for Information Technology (CoBIT) Strong knowledge of CoBIT (Control Objectives for Information Technology) including general computer controls, business application controls, and process documentation
- Required Advanced Other Audit Command Language sufficient to perform basic to intermediate level exception reporting, trend reporting, and testing of system reports