The IT auditor supports audits of the company's IT processes and policies, working under the direction of a Senior and / or Lead auditor and is responsible for supporting the IT audit. The IT auditor performs audit testing, documents meetings and walkthroughs, and organizes controls and work papers and follows up on issues.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Performs audit testing, documentation, supports walkthroughs of key business processes and documents meeting minutes.
- Assists in the planning and conducting of interviews and obtains audit evidence from audit clients.
- Supports the audit process by performing testing, documenting work papers and collecting and organizing audit materials under the direction of a Senior or Lead auditor
- Supports audits in accordance with the professional standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Participates in and provides support to Internal Audit automation projects, such as reporting and workpaper automation.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Assists leaders in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Updates time tracking information for reporting purposes.
- Ability to retain confidentiality regarding privileged company information.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management of Information Systems or preferably Computer science
- Required 2 years of experience in auditing of which 1 year must be in IT auditing
- Preferred Other Experience auditing ERP systems
Licenses and Certifications:
- Beginner Other Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other CISA, CIA, CPA, or other professional designations
- Preferred Beginner Control Objectives for Information Technology (CoBIT) Working knowledge of CoBIT (Control Objectives for Information Technology) including general computer controls, business application controls, and process documentation
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Beginner Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Beginner Microsoft Visio
- Required Beginner Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred Beginner Other Audit Command Language sufficient to perform basic to intermediate level exception reporting, trend reporting, and testing of system reports