The IT Security Analyst participates in the execution and monitoring of IT Security related activities that safeguard the company's information and technology assets. Primary responsibilities include participating in the development of new, and the operation of, existing IT Security programs, procedure development and standards documentation. Ensures the appropriate information security access controls are in place and applied consistently.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Sr Manager, IT Security
- Operates formalized IT Security programs and processes such as Patch Management and Security Requests .
- Supports the technical execution of IT Security programs such as Incident Response and Event Monitoring.
- Researches and prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports of IT Security program execution.
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported processes and procedures.
- Performs ongoing research of IT Security related topics.
- Acts as the liaison among stakeholders to review, document, and communicate system activities to ensure access assignments or requests are completed consistent with service level and IAM information security standards. Drives processes to understand security access requirements and develops role models and standards for IAM processes.
- Analyzes root cause to recommend resolutions for provisioning and de-provisioning activities in accordance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Captures user identity administration exceptions and determines and documents course of action for resolution.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Performs peer review role validation and analysis.
- Required An Associate's Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- Required or equivalent work experience 1 additional year of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 3 years of experience in Information Security
- Required 3 years of experience in Active usage and/or support of Information Security systems and activites
- Preferred Other Healthcare experience
- Preferred Other Information Security Auditing experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team A history of working in collaborative, team-oriented environments with a commitment to results and a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Intermediate Other Strong decision making skills
- Intermediate Other Good conflict resolution skills.
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other Information Security certifications such as the CISSP, GPEN, etc. or other inductry -specific certifications such as Microsoft or Cisco
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Preferred Intermediate Other Intrusion detection systems
- Preferred Intermediate Other Active Directory
- Preferred Intermediate Other SIEM tools
- Preferred Intermediate Other IAM software (Sailpoint, Oracle)