Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing human resource related activities required in the assessment of potential acquisitions and related post-acquisition integration efforts. Also responsible for the HR aspects involved with bidding for new and existing business and the related HR implementation aspects once the business is awarded . May act as the HR leader for the new business during initial start-up phases. Partners with the WellCare HR Centers of Excellence and the HR Business Partner team to assist in the formulation and execution of integration and start-up plans with the business. Works closely with the Integration Solutions Team and other functions.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, HR Integration
- Works with the WellCare Integrated Solutions team and HR functional SMEs to develop high level planning "blueprints" and detailed project plans for acquisitions and new and expanded markets and tracks progress against these work plans, including identifying, tracking and monitoring risks and issues.
- Creates and maintains an HR Playbook, Toolkit and SharePoint site for Acquisitions and New Market Expansion activities.
- Works with the Business Development team on the HR aspects of bidding for new and existing business and the related implementation aspects once the business is awarded.
- Assists in conducting due diligence for all HR related functions for potential acquisitions.
- Coordinates with the business owner, HR business partners (HRBP's) and Talent Acquisition in developing and executing staffing plans.
- Partners with Compensation team and HRBP's in mapping associates to WellCare's compensation structure and position titles (acquisitions) and creating new positions (new market expansion).
- Partners with business leaders and HRBP's in the design of optimal organization structures.
- Formulates a strategy with Employee Relations for indoctrinating Associates on WellCare policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the HR Systems and Ops team on the transition of acquired Associates into WellCare payroll and HRIS systems.
- Works with Organization Development team for orientation of new and or acquired Associates.
- May serve as HR leader for newly acquired or new business units/markets during initial start-up phases.
- Assesses cultural fit of the newly acquired company and works with the business to formulate strategies and plans to successfully integrate the new business effectively.
- Formulates and executes change management plans.
- Assists in the development of retention plans for newly acquired key staff.
- Works closely with Communications on the development of comprehensive communications plans.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experience in Human Resources required.
- Master's Degree in HRM or OD preferred.
- 8 years of broad based HR experience required with a strong understanding of all HR functions and processes.
- Strong project management and change management experience/skills required.
- Experience with acquisitions and/or divestitures highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, planning, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Experience dealing with and supporting senior level leaders required.
- Must be able to achieve results by working with others and leading associates who do not report into this role.
- Intermediate - Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate - Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate - Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced - Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Intermediate - Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate - Demonstrated analytical skills
- Advanced - Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced - Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Intermediate - Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Advanced - Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate - Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Intermediate - Proven track record of building relationships
- Intermediate - Excellent conflict resolution skills required
- Intermediate - Broad understanding of HR principles, techniques and procedures as well as business strategies to assess HR implications
- Intermediate - Strong knowledge and experience with talent management, organizational design and change management practices
Licenses and Certifications:
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.