The coordinator will identify health plan members who may be eligible for and in need of housing support services and work with low income and at-risk families to develop an intensive case plan that addresses their barriers to housing and employment. The housing coordinator will work with local housing authorities, non-profit and for-profit housing providers, and other agencies to develop housing resources necessary for successful transition and community tenure of people leaving nursing facilities and other institutional settings. Housing Coordinator helps to develop sustainable housing referral and support program, increase number of individuals placed in affordable, independent housing and oversee the provision of services by contracted agencies that will enable these individuals to remain in stable housing.
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Dir, Product Operations
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Participate in statewide workgroups to develop policies, procedures, evaluation and other improvements to housing programs.
- Stay current on national trends and innovations in community based housing options.
- Initiate and develop relationships with housing-focused community organizations, landlords, affordable housing developers and other housing service providers to identify new and existing opportunities for accessing resources.
- Collaborate with community, state, and federal partners to increase the ADA accessible housing capacity in each community.
- Collaborate with state agencies, community organizations and other social service agencies to promote and grow housing opportunities within the state
- Coordinate with other social determinant of health coordinators (e.g. employment, transportation, financial services, etc.) to facilitate access to support services to sponsor successful tenancy and whole person coordination.
- Ensure optimal utilization and management of existing funding such as DHS/HUD Homeless, Non-elderly disabled (NED), HUD 811, or other subsides and housing choice vouchers as necessary.
- Act as a consultant to field staff and contracted providers with regards to housing and program issues.
- Oversee housing assessments with members, support crisis intervention, and ensure continuity of care coordination.
- Participate in outreach and follow-up efforts, particularly with property managers, landlords, and housing developers.
- Work closely with housing contractors to see how member/process is progressing track members’ housing applications by property.
- Troubleshoot member issues and assist contractors as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred An Associate's Degree in a related field
- Required 1 year of experience in supporting low-income families and members with housing needs and placements
- Preferred Other experience with building and maintaining relationships with community leaders and partners
- Preferred Other knowledge of general housing laws and policies
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Preferred Intermediate Other AutoCAD