Provides outreach to enrollees identified with need for behavioral or lifestyle modification to help support their care plan. Provides telephonic and/or face to face wellness/ health coaching and support to enrollees to reduce and eliminate high risk behaviors and promote healthy behaviors (weight loss, stress management, nutritional counseling, and smoking cessation). Provides coaching, counseling, consultation and information/referral services to enrollees managing various chronic health conditions. Assesses participant's needs and theory of change utilizing a holistic point of view.
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Care Management
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Encourages and councils adoption of habits (behavior modification) that are conducive to a higher quality of life to help manage and assist within member's care plan.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing to ensure members take a more proactive role in changing behaviors and staying healthy.
- Assists with the planning, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of comprehensive corporate health promotion programs(including but not limited to: nutrition education programs, health coaching, lifestyle interventions, health education).
- Explains, educates, reinforces, and coaches members on their tailored self-help plans. Identifies problems, sets goals, and determines the individual's health status based on assessment. Establishes goals for each individual regarding educational and health care needs.
- Provides nutritional guidance and nutritional care plan for members based on conditions or needs identified.
- Assists members in creating health/wellness prevention plans to meet wellness goals.
- Supports Case Management team by providing behavior/lifestyle modification and coaching to members with chronic conditions.
- Communicates with primary care and/or treating physician to request specific health information and/or to provide an update of an individual's health care status.
- Communicates with Case Management team regarding member's needs and facilitates referrals to the appropriate level of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Health Promotion, Health Education, Nursing, Athletic Training or other health specific related education or equivalent work experience 2 years of relevant experience and any of the preferred professional licenses.
- Required 2 years of experience in nutrition, health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training or health and wellness
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate ability to implement process improvements
- Intermediate ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Intermediate ability to multi-task
- Intermediate ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate ability to work independently
- Intermediate demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate knowledge of healthcare delivery
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Advanced Diabetes Management (CBT)
- Preferred Nutritionist
- Preferred Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Preferred Licensed Dietician (LD) Licensed in Field
- Preferred Certified Health Coach
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)
- Required English
- Preferred Spanish