Manages and coordinates efforts in Medicare market initiatives and in markets where there is not adequate government affairs staff. Manages and coordinates government affairs and community relation efforts in Medicaid markets.
REPORTS TO: STATE PRESIDENT
POSITION LOCATION: KAPOLEI,HI 96707
- Monitors and analyzes legislative activities and initiatives in markets to generate and implement state communication plans including outreach to establish and sustain effective working legislative relationships.
- Identifies threats, prioritize resources, drives and enhances the organization's presence and proactively influences legislative activities and initiatives through field support to generate measurable results.
- Generates potential resolutions to assist Government Affairs in providing accurate and complete information and insight to appropriately shape government activities and initiatives.
- Translates and coordinates, when appropriate, messaging with other markets.
- Stays abreast of developments and changes in government and budget processes.
- Coordinates with selected contract lobbyists and completes review of quarterly deliverables in accordance with contracts.
- Identifies and vets lobbying firms in potential new markets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or Business administration is required
- 5 years of experience in Health Care environment or related field is required
- Medicaid or Medicare government or private/public sector, state legislative or regulatory, and/or experience with budgeting and contracts
- Prior experience in a political environment is preferred
- Microsoft PowerPoint is required
- Microsoft Word is required
- Microsoft Excel is required
- Microsoft Access is required
- Microsoft SharePoint is required *LI-RG1