Drives activities and projects associated with State Government Affairs and Public Policy. Tracks and maintains legislative database as well as coordinates legislative review process. Serves as the central point of contact between Government Affairs associates and consultants in the states and corporate Government Affairs and Public Policy. Maintains and oversees consistent engagement between Government Affairs associates and necessary internal and external stakeholders to assure progress towards business objectives. Prepares and submits accurate and complete business and political reports from WellCare's Medicaid and Medicare markets.
REPORTS TO: Government Affairs Manager
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Develops and maintains dashboards aligning with Government Affairs and Public Policy activities, and business goals.
- Supervises and coordinates project initiatives and deliverables.
- Organizes Public Policy and Government Affairs consultants meeting, and training planning sessions.
- Plans and implements other meetings and events as required.
- Supports material development in coordination with the Manager, State Government Affairs.
- Oversees and coordinates the legislative analysis process and public policy requests.
- Coordinates and prepares supporting material for meetings between elected officials and WellCare associates.
- Supports State Government Affairs and Public Policy reporting.
- Oversees legislative tracking database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field Health Discipline, Public Policy, Public Administration, or equivalent experience.
Candidate Skills:Licenses and Certifications:
- Required 5 years of experience in Health care environment or related field
- Preferred Other Medicaid or Medicare government or private/public sector, state legislative or regulatory, and/or experience with budgeting and contracts
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint Expert PowerPoint skills to create complex presentations is required
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word Advanced MS Office skills required including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Other Share Point skills or training
- Required Intermediate Other Micro MapPoint