Location: Woodland Center Blvd, Tampa, FL
Department: Ops-Payment Integrity
Reporting to: VP, Payment Integrity and Claims
Owns the budgeting, recording, monitoring, analyzing, forecasting and reporting for designated Market and product SG&A expense, including analyzing month-end actual results, interacting with markets to monitor performance versus budget, and presentation of key variances and changes to area and corp senior management. Drives the annual budgeting process, ensuring the development of accurate and realistic budgets that support the business needs and comply with Corporate guidelines.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- MONTH-END: Manage the Markets' SG&A expense month-end finance, accounting, and analyses processes. Ensure actual results are entered into finance budget models timely and accurately, and that related reporting is completed by required deadlines. Review variance analyses, performing follow-up research as necessary. Lead / participate in month-end review meetings with departments, verifying explanations for current month activities and working with department VPs / Directors to develop forecast updates and changes. Monitor key control points and documentation guidelines to ensure compliance and completeness. Ensure Company budget system is updated with complete and accurate information by deadlines. Facilitate appropriate interaction between their associates and other interdependent departments (i.e. Accounting, A/P, Purchasing, etc.). Prepare summary reporting and present to management as requested. Satisfy information requests from external auditors.
- ANNUAL BUDGET: Own & drive the annual budgeting process. Update Finance budget models to accommodate the new year, ensuring all reporting links and pivots operate appropriately. Develop budget calendar of key deadlines and deliverables, and present these to department and area management. Review departments' progress through scheduled meetings and periodic follow-ups as necessary. Analyze and review proposed budget numbers for reasonableness and consistency with company objectives, ensuring their sources and calculations are appropriate and sufficiently documented. Oversee process of entering interim budget figures into company budget system by required deadlines. Guide area management in preparation of presentations to senior management, including creating additional supplemental reporting as needed, and integration of all relevant information into the final presentation documents. Assist area management in presenting budget information as requested.
- SUPPORTING Markets: Assist markets in preparation of analyses and presentations to management for initiatives, approved budget change requests, FTE and contractors, and for general operating needs and business issues. Provide reporting on staffing and non-staffing costs as requested. Escalate issues as necessary to Sr. Director and/or other senior leadership.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS: Assist department Director & VP, Area leader, and others on special projects as requested, including ad hoc analyses, RFP's, proforma's, PowerPoints, ROI calculations, metric staffing models, analyses related to membership and/or membership modeling, Initiatives, and interactions with other Company departments (e.g. Ops, Pharmacy, Actuarial).
- NEW BUSINESS: Work with markets and corporate departments to create proforma's for any new RFP's and Greenfield and Brownfield expansions.
- MEMBERSHIP BUDGETING AND FORECASTING: Work with markets to create accurate membership projections each month
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Continually analyze dept admin expenses to identify cost reduction opportunities. Ensure complete and timely communications with other depts for any issues that may impact their work and/or require their attention. Ensure Excel budget models, FTE models, and all ancillary linked files and pivot tables operate as expected and produce timely and accurate information; continue to add enhanced functionality to address emerging business needs, and to more quickly focus attention on areas requiring review and response. Ensure Company policies are understood and followed by all area departments, including requests for spending beyond budget, existing contracts, expense reimbursements, and that spending of budgeted funds is for approved activities, educating depts so they can operate in compliance.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Candidate Skills:Licenses and Certifications:Technical Skills:
- Required 7 years of experience in Financial budgeting and analysis
- Required 5 years of management experience
- Preferred Other healthcare or insurance experience a plus
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel