Location: (Henderson Rd) Tampa, FL
Reports to: Director, Regulatory Cost
Conducts all Plan to Plan and Coverage Gap Discount functions required to satisfy CMS payment, collection and reporting requirements. Produce month end reports for accounting and actuary to record receipts, payments and accruals as necessary. Monitor A/R and bank transactions, apply cash payments, reconcile monthly and report, facilitate vendor payments, research variances and respond to reconciliation requests from other Plans as appropriate.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Conduct all functions required to meet CMS Plan to Plan and Coverage Gap Discount requirements.
- Processing monthly A/P, making payments within established timelines.
- Coordinate obtaining W9s & check/ACH payment information from other Plans and coordinating payments with Treasury/AP.
- Coordinate with management & AP/Treasury to ensure signed paperwork and payments are processed within required timeframes.
- Send remittances to each Plan. Following up on unidentified and missing payments from other Plans.
- Process monthly/quarterly reports from CMS.
- Process monthly A/R.
- Tracking payments received by monitoring ACH transaction and gathering check payment documents.
- Post to the Sub-ledger.
- Maintaining all receipts in the Sub-ledger and reconcile Sub-ledger with CMS’ monthly cumulative reports.
- Respond to information/research requests received from other Plans.
- Prepare annual CMS Plan to Plan payment attestation for submission to regulatory.
- Pull reports from the Subledger to prepare and submit end of month reports to Accounting and Actuary, including cumulative payments by contract, outstanding A/R by Plan, bank reconciliation, and intra-company transaction details.
- Prepare and send quarterly CGD reports to CMS by required deadline confirming payments received.
- Month End CGD Reporting to Accounting and Actuary on collections and outstanding A/R.
- Contribute to special projects and assist other areas as needed.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field finance / business
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 years of experience in a finance or business related position
- Preferred Other finance or business environment
Licenses and Certifications:
- Beginner Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Beginner Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Beginner Microsoft Access
- Required Beginner Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Required Beginner Microsoft Outlook