Department: Enterprise Learning and Development
Reports to: Sr. Dir, Enterprise L & D
Location: Tampa, FL
Leads a Learning and Development team in developing, educating and retaining associates to meet high performance organizational business strategies. Ensures a consistent communication of training standards and requirements to associates, vendors and other health care providers in all WellCare programs. Initiates and implements departmental activities in support of established training and quality standards e.g. Instructional design, facilitation of classes and monitoring educational programs including face-to-face, computer-based and online programs. Drives improvements in design and delivery of training ensuring a variety of training tools and materials appropriate for learning outcomes and business performance needs.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Investigates and recommends alternatives and provides guidance for improving the performance, efficiency and management of training activities with the objective of meeting production, timeliness and quality standards.
- Leads the team in delivering on enterprise initiatives and building curricula appropriate for a variety of audiences and audience needs.
- Initiates changes to training processes and tools to improve learner performance and business outcomes.
- Leads a team who manages group dynamics through the use of "learner focused" environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Manages associate performance by effectively communicating expectations and providing regular feedback with recommendations for development. Directs work assignments, measures results and builds a strong team.
- Recommends and implements work processes to substantially improve performance.
- Leads the team in continually improving existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and learning and development associates.
- Ensures that training strategies for design and development of solutions is in place each year for current and future learning needs.
- Recruits, selects, trains and retains highly qualified professionals. Provides resource plans for successful completion of training delivery, projects and initiatives.
- Recommends learning solutions that ensures the curriculum includes both formal training programs as well as a myriad of informal learning, e-learning, and initiatives that promote effective learning.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 7 years of experience in Human Performance and/or Training & Development with an emphasis on Adult Learning in a Corp environment
- Required 3 years of management experience
- Preferred 4 years of experience in managed care
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Ability to lead/manage others
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Demonstrated customer service skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate Ability to implement process improvements
- Advanced Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Demonstrated project management skills
- Advanced Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other Formal training and certifications in adult learning principles
- Preferred Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Preferred Other Formal training and certifications in instructional design
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook