Analyzes, designs, and develops specifications for enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces, formats and maps. Reviews programming requests and works with business users and technical staff to identify, gather, analyze, and document business system requirements. Develops requirements traceability matrix to be used in software development and QA testing. Documents work flow processes and collaborates with users in identifying, defining, and documenting process improvement options and alternatives. Responsible for the organization's EDI standards and guidelines; including the creation, review, and approval of companion guides and trading partner agreements, communication with external agencies and vendors, stakeholders, and IT management on EDI related decisions. Represents the organization at industry conferences and workgroups. Provides support and guidance daily to the EDI Analysts with their assignments ensuring the organization's EDI standards are being implemented properly.
- Participates EDI testing with state or trading partner's implementation initiatives.
- Creates and maintains companion guides and related documentation.
- Monitors EDI related production activities and new state initiatives.
- Participates in systems development and requirement phases.
- Participates in testing, acceptance testing and implementation of information systems.
- Participates in industry conferences and workgroups as a representative of the organization.
- Evaluates and escalates risks and impacts to the overall EDI process for project and production activities.
- Prepares EDI data for re-submission when needed.
- Collaborates with other IT and business departments as an EDI Subject Matter Expert.
- Coordinates the identification and implementation of EDI process improvement activities.
- Collaborates with the EDI Development staff and Architects to implement innovative solutions.
- Provides coaching and guidance to team's junior EDI Analysts.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, preferably in information systems or a healthcare-related field, OR equivalent directly related experience.
Experience: 7 years of previously related work experience required; EDI and Healthcare required.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to document utilizing standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to target audience.
- Advanced working knowledge of EDI translators
- Knowledge of EDIFECS Transaction Manager suite of products preferred.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies is required.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
- Proficient in database analysis and SQL.