Through cross-enterprise partnership, this role drives collaboration and execution of results through the alignment of expert procurement resources that are critical to the overall performance of WellCare's procurement function. Oversees the procurement responsibilities and projects for the assigned area of enterprise responsibility (IT, Operations, Market, etc.). This includes but is not limited to: management and oversight of strategic supplier selection and development, vendor delivery performance, contract negotiations, execution and maintenance, and overall supplier relationship management.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Procurement
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Oversees the procurement process for assigned area of the enterprise to develop strategies, standard operating procedures, process documentation including process flows, and goals as needed to support the business.
- Identify, develop, and lead qualification of new suppliers, goods and services to drive savings and reduce supply risk.
- Manage spend, cash flow, and supply related assets (inventory) for assigned area of the enterprise.
- Manage vendor relationships, interfacing with internal partners within the organization represent needs, provide feedback and drive results.
- Conducts reviews of supplier performance against expected Service Level Agreements (SLA's), monitoring of contract budget performance, identifying variances, and recommending process improvements.
- Oversee the contract process including negotiation, execution and compliance with SLAs.
- Establish vendor metrics and scorecards to ensure compliance to contracts where applicable.
- Partners and collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify and anticipate their needs, actively planning and working with the team to develop long-term service strategies.
- Lead and support the execution of market intelligence, financial analysis and data analytics processes that enable category teams to build comprehensive category-specific strategies.
- Oversee the process for tracking procurement savings and serve as senior-level interface with finance partners to ensure validation of savings achieved.
- Manage the development and maintenance of procurement policies (e.g., contract signature authority and compliance), and procedures and standards (e.g., supplier performance expectations, and internal stakeholder engagement).
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in business, procurement, accounting or public administration or closely related fields
- Required 10 years of experience in vendor management, procurement or strategic sourcing
- Required 5 years of experience in leading/supervising a team
- Preferred Other Sourcing technology and operational vendors experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Advanced Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Advanced Ability to implement process improvements Mathematical skills
- Advanced Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects
- Advanced Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Other Certified Purchasing Manager with the Institute for Supply Management, Inc
- Required Advanced Other Extensive utilization of e-Procurement systems (Oracle i-Procurements preferred)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project
- Required Advanced Financial Management Systems (Generic)