LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs
REPORTING TO: VP, Corp Comm & Brand Marketing
This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing the internal communication strategy and tactics for the Medicaid and Medicare business. The incumbent will partner with the business leaders to craft communication that captures their voice for board of directors meetings, all-associate town halls and other events. The role is that of a strategic storyteller who can translate strategy into words, documents and presentations.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Works closely with communication and business leaders to develop strategic internal communications plans and messaging for internal constituencies.
- Responsible for crafting a robust Medicaid and Medicare internal communications strategy and tactics for the enterprise.
- Develops vehicles and tools to help tell each businesses story
- Translate the businesses' vision into in to actionable documents and words
- Leads cross-functional, multi-disciplined process for addressing proactive and critical event communications.
- Strategically sells the Medicaid and Medicare leader's vision for their organizations.
- Identifies communication problems within the business and solves for those issues.
- Support Medicaid and Medicare businesses on a primarily internal basis, continuously mindful of opportunities to re-purpose/pitch externally
- Collaborates with the EVPs of Medicaid and Medicare and their staff to outline a version for creatively sharing WellCare's approach to positively affecting Medicaid and Medicare internally thru our value proposition.
- Oversee content presence (intranet pages, etc.) and internal social plan (Workplace by Facebook)
- Research, write and share blog entries with the media team that amplifies the work of the 2 businesses
- Creates manager tool kits to support the successful implementation of system-wide Medicaid and Medicare initiatives.
- Sources and shares data, trends and insights for continuous campaign improvement.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing or related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in communications, marketing or related field
- Required 7 years of experience in working on corporate communications
- Required 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Preferred Other knowledge/experience in health care
- Preferred Other experience with publically held companies
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Other Ability to distill large quantities of complex information to concise, audience-specific communications
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of AP stylebook guidelines
- Advanced Other Writing and editing skills
- Advanced Other Ability to distill complex matters into clear, crisp and concise communications appropriate to different audiences
- Advanced Other Media relations skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook