The director, dental services, is responsible for the administration and delivery of all dental services provided by the health plan, including policy development and clinical performance direction and oversight for the health plan dental vendor. The position works in conjunction with the dental vendor to identify provider network needs and develop strategies to fill identified gaps and ensure an appropriate training process is in place for all providers. The director, dental services has responsibility for the coordination and monitoring of dental continuous quality improvement activities.
Reports to: Medical Director
Dept: Dental Services
Location: Newark or Lawrenceville, NJ
- Demonstrates the ability to sufficiently provide direction of dental services, which includes development of protocols, standard procedures, and management of all patient care related activities.
- Reviews dental policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinates and monitors all dental CQI activities and report as directed.
- Serves as a liaison with the local market regulatory agencies and dental community and provides professional dental advice to the Medical Director, Field.
- Provides dental advice to health committees, and attends required meetings or functions as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required DDS or DMD from an accredited school of dentistry
- Required 5 years of experience in dentistry
- Preferred 3 years of experience in NCQA accredidation
- Preferred 3 years of experience in government sponsored healthcare programs
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required Must be licensed to practice dentistry, without restrictions, in working state.
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Project