Provide leadership and analytics expertise for developing and supporting predictive models and other analytic algorithms. Catalyze team engagement with business analysts, product managers, communication experts, clinicians and others. Represent analytic/data science perspective within corporate. This position will be responsible for developing and supporting predictive models and other analytic algorithms. The person in this role will partner with business analysts, product managers, communication experts, clinicians and others to seek answers to key business questions through application of statistical analysis and data mining techniques.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Conduct statistical analysis to drive insights and strategic recommendations on member usage and user growth/retention.
- Develop models and metrics to track key engagement measures.
- Analyze health care claims and application activity data and external data sets to create predictive algorithms to gain insights.
- Automates existing models and metrics to track the product performance.
- Use statistical and econometric techniques on large datasets to analyze user behavior, engagement, retention, impact and attribution form, marketing, events, Synthesize analysis and results into compelling story lines, and communicate findings to senior executives and business partners.
- Evangelize the power of analytics to improve business and operations.
- Drive analytics projects across WellCare, from planning and data collection to presentation and decision support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
- Preferred A Master's Degree/PHD in a related field
- Required 6 years of experience in data scientist, statistician or comparable quantitative position
- Required 3 years of experience in Health care experience
- Preferred 2 years experience in leading/supervising others Experience leading analytic teams
- Preferred Other Project Management experience
- Experience manipulating data in SAS, SQL, R, Python, Scala or similar.
- Proven experience in at least two technologies of the Data Science toolset (Spark, Tensorflow, R, Python)
- Proven experience with visualization tools such as (Tableau, D3 or similar)
- Preferred: Expertise in deep learning/artificial intelligence
- Highly Preferred: Experience implementing an industrial scale stack for implementing machine learning models in production environment
- Effective communication skills to interact with business stakeholders, understand situations, and explain discoveries and outcomes
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Passion and enthusiasm to answer complex problems using healthcare data
- Ability and desire to mentor and collaborate with other Data Scientists
- Candidates local (or those willing to relocate) to Tampa, FL
- Expertise applying regressions (linear, logistic, multivariate), trees, clustering, boosting, variable selection, model selection, etc.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Beginner Other Familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Intermediate Other Passion and ability to surface insights from large data sets and build a data-driven narrative
- Advanced Other Experience working with large volumes of data using variety of statistical tools and techniques
- Intermediate Other Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach
- Intermediate Other Knowledge of data sources, tools, statistical principles and methodologies, and techniques
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Other Structured Programming Language (e.g., Java, C, Python, etc.)
- Required Intermediate Other Database Query construction
- Required Intermediate Other Big Data technologies
- Required Advanced Other Statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, SAS, ScyPy, etc.)
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project
- Preferred Beginner Other Reporting Tools ( tableau, Cognos)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio