The incumbent will serve as a critical member of the Corporate Strategy team and partner closely with the Vice President, Corporate Strategy to coordinate the company's annual strategic planning process and deliver corporate/business unit strategy engagements at the request of the CEO and/or Executive Leadership Team. He/she will assume daily leadership of larger strategy engagements and oversight of smaller engagements that clearly frame issues, objectives, and challenges while providing actionable findings, conclusions, and recommendations. Strategy engagements will include, but are not limited to, the annual enterprise corporate strategy, key business unit growth strategies, product strategies, M&A and capital deployment strategies, portfolio management and analysis, evaluating key market trends, analyzing market entry/expansion opportunities, evaluating core capabilities, and developing new approaches to innovation. The incumbent will be proficient at building internal and external relationships against the backdrop of the company's enterprise strategy. He/she will focus on execution, communicate with leaders throughout the organization, and help individuals see how their work supports the strategy.
Reports to: VP, Corporate Strategy
Location: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Coordinate the company's annual strategic planning process by partnering closely with the VP, Corporate Strategy.
- Deliver high-profile and high-impact strategy engagements from end-to-end that clearly frame objectives, issues, and challenges and that articulate compelling findings, conclusions, and recommendations. Strategy engagements will include, but are not limited to key business unit growth strategies, product strategies, M&A and capital deployment strategies, portfolio management and analysis, evaluating key market trends, analyzing market entry/expansion opportunities, evaluating core capabilities, and developing new approaches to innovation.
- Build substantial relationships and alignment with key stakeholders across the company to ensure strategic alignment of goals and initiatives.
- Lead interviews, conduct working sessions, and deliver presentations and report-outs to key stakeholders across the company.
- Conduct industry, market, competitor, and financial analyses and identify insightful implications for the company.
- Develop hypothesis to be validated or refined through targeted qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Ensure proper alignment between the company's strategy and its operations
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members and effectively lead and develop junior practitioners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in finance, engineering, or a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field MBA, MPH, or a related field
- Required 10 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or other comparable combination of education, training and experience
- Preferred 3 years of experience in managed care industry including government programs
- Advanced Other Experience with market and competitive intelligence
- Advanced Other Strong financial and analytical skills. Familiarity with utilizing statistics in a business setting is a plus
- Advanced Other Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints
- Advanced Other Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight
- Advanced Other Demonstrated strength in problem-solving, analytics and capable of driving insight to action
- Advanced Other Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills, excellent written communication abilities and contribute to executive-level discourse
- Other Orientation towards constantly seeking new knowledge; a quick study on new topics Positive approach to quality of work
- Other Able to operate within an open team environment
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word