The corporate strategy group is a small team dedicated to developing and driving the company's strategic planning process and initiative development. This position is highly collaborative and will interface heavily with the CEO and other senior executives across the organization to ensure the strategic objectives are met.
Reports to: VP, Corporate Strategy
Location: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
- Support the development of tools, guidelines and frameworks to improve to the efficiency and effectiveness of the strategic planning process
- Support the coordination of the company's overall growth strategy, lead growth research projects, opportunity analyses, and market / competitive trending
- Work closely with the external affairs and corporate development teams to develop and maintain a centralized competitive and market intelligence resource
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with senior management and key functional area leadership to ensure strategic alignment of initiatives and goals
- Develop corporate governance recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the leadership team
- Provide independent assessments of various business processes and functions
- Identify areas of opportunity through primary and secondary research
- Support special projects & initiatives
- Prepare strategic, executive level presentations for the CEO, Board of Directors and senior leadership
Education: The qualified candidate will have a bachelor's degree with an MBA or MHA degree preferred.
At least 8 to 10 years of business experience, of which 3 to 5 years in managed care is required and 2 to 3 years of experience in a strategy consultant or other strategic planning role is preferred. The qualified candidate will have an exceptionally successful track record with demonstrable results in an HMO environment in two or more of the following areas: business analysis, financial analysis, business development, marketing/sales, strategic planning, and market management.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): The successful candidate will understand and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of WellCare Health Plans. This key executive will be able to demonstrate these values with his/her leadership practices. This individual will also possess personal and professional integrity, expert communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation. Superior analytical and decision-making skills, along with considerable tact and diplomacy, are all extremely important.
Specifically, the following skills and attributes are required to be successful in this position:
- Strategic vision and thinking. Ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands
- Superior business acumen, intelligence and capacity. Thinks strategically and implements tactically
- Problem solver that approaches work from a "return on investment" perspective.
- Knowledgeable of how decisions impact all aspects of the business. Approaches his/her work as an interconnected system
- Creative, innovative and "out-of-the-box" thinking skills
- High energy, data driven and analytical
- Strong work ethic, achievement oriented, ethical and motivated beyond personal interests.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills