Reports to: Maryanne Bohn
Locations: 5301 W. Idlewild Ave, Tampa FL 33634
Position plans, provides resources and directs activities for the business of the function (or multiple functions) within Configuration. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring considerable creativity, originality and ingenuity.
- Manages and develops direct reports who include other management or supervisory personnel and/or exempt individual contributors.
- Lead group of employees into high performing teams.
- Lead and coach staff to accomplish key deliverables such as high quality audit results and timely turnaround time.
- Effectively manage inventory levels, training issues and quality results.
- Direct involvement with building collaborative relationships with other departments to resolve issues and barriers.
- Ownership of performance results and performance level agreements.
- Provide direction in order to achieve goals and objectives through: interviewing, coaching and counseling, developing and training, motivating, evaluating and role modeling.
- Planning and forecasting workloads and resources.
- Plans, conducts and directs work on complex projects/programs necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches
- Sets operational priorities and manages resources to operational goals and budgets
- Develops strategies and ensures maximum efficiencies in the utilization of human and financial resources
- With approval of Senior VP or VP establishes budget and monitors for adherence
- Ensures corporate initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum results
- Advises management in long-range planning for areas of specialization
- Provides technical direction to functional managers, other directors and management
- Recommends changes in area(s) policy and procedure
Education: Bachelors level education or equivalent directly related experience
Experience: 10 years of progressively responsible managerial experience
Strong experience in the areas of claims operations and system configuration at the senior level, and a deep understanding of the interrelationships between these departments and its impact on claims payment.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language): Solid understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry.
Technical Skills/Requirements: Knowledge of and/or ability to utilize COGNOS for budgetary decisions or review.