Serves as subject-matter expert on compensation related projects and provides consultative support to management, recruiters and HR Business Partners on compensation philosophy, policies, programs and processes. Implements and administers compensation programs including market pricing, updating/creating job descriptions, survey submissions and the annual focal point review process.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources-Compensation
REPORTS TO: Director, Compensation
- Plans, develops, implements and administers compensation programs to maintain competitive practices.
- Partner with HRBP's and internal clients to understand business needs, job requirements and organizational design to evaluate jobs. Assist with the creation and revision of job descriptions.
- Administers base pay and bonus programs including annual focal point process. Ensures adherence in the determination of merit increases and consistency towards other salary adjustments, bonus targets and out of guideline situations.
- Conducts market and trend analyses through salary survey input and market intelligence/research on an ad hoc and annual basis.
- Conducts compensation activities including job evaluation, market pay analysis, internal equity analysis, cost projections, data audit and analysis, implementation, training and communication strategies.
- Ensures compensation programs and job classifications comply with applicable wage and hour laws.
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies around compensation processes and programs.
- Updates and maintains wage and salary surveys, salary matrix, salary job structure and benchmarking studies.
- Works with HR Systems to ensure compensation related systems are updated and reflect appropriate program design.
- Acts as a liaison and subject matter expert when working with client groups and other functional areas within Human Resources on projects or issues that proactively address the needs of the business. Answers inquiries from Managers relating to compensation programs, policies and philosophy. Provides effective problem solving and communication with all internal and external customers to ensure requests are handled efficiently.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Required a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or directly related field.
- Required 4 years of experience in Human Resources, Compensation and/or a related analytical role, including a strong understanding of salary surveys, market pricing jobs and creating effective job descriptions.
- Advanced demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate ability to multi-task
- Intermediate ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate ability to work independently
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate understanding of FLSA and DOL laws
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Required advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word