*This position could cover areas across the entire state of New Jersey*
Supervises day to day activities and monitors staff assignments. Uses subject matter expertise to provide guidance to staff as well as addressing any issues or concerns. Ensures team goals are being met. Accountable for all reporting and analysis of assigend initiatives. Develops and implements approved marketing strategies for events to interested candidates in the service area according to prescribed rules and regulations.
Department: Medicaid Sales
Reports to: Sr. Mgr, Community Relations
- Monitors associate performance and assists or conducts counseling/corrective action procedures when required.
- Identifies concerns, brings issues to management's attention and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Provides significant input to performance evaluation, hiring, and termination decisions for associates in work group.
- Reviews time records, set schedules and approves all vacation/time off requests for subordinate associates.
- Conducts training in area policies/procedures and workflow processes.
- Assists peers and manager or director as needed. Acts as subject matter expert for area of responsibility. Serves as first line of contact for issue resolution for the team.
- Takes lead in preparing assignments as needed to meet department initiatives and/or objectives.
- Plays active role in creating, applying and utilizing accepted policies and procedures to review process and utilizes the parameters.
- Acts as a backup to Community Relations Specialist when needed.
- Attends meetings in the absence of manager or director (company, community).
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Assist in evaluating process improvements.
- Creates and reviews all reporting and analysis of current initiatives/interventions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Through associates on staff will builds and maintains partnerships with local associations, organizations, clubs and provider offices that will provide additional marketing opportunities for WellCare.
- Promotes health awareness, quality and managed care and assists WellCare with accomplishing its outreach, relationship and enrollment goal.
- Works closely with Provider Relations staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree or directly related or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 4 years outreach experience in HMO/Managed Healthcare or Insurance Industry. Community awareness and knowledge. Previous experience in leading/mentoring others.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
Solid verbal and written communication skills
Ability to lead others
Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Develop and analyze reports
Bi-lingual in Spanish helpful