Implements programs to develop relationships with organizations to build community coalitions and promote health awareness and managed care. Develops and implements approved marketing strategies for events to interested candidates in the service area according to prescribed rules and regulations.
Reports To: Manager, Community Relations
Department: Community Relations
Position Location: Northern GA 30102
(This position will cover Banks, Barrow, Cherokee, Clarke, DeKalb, Elbert, Forsyth, Franklin, Hart, Oconee, & Stephens Counties)
- Markets WellCare through a combination of relationship building, event coordination, and community relations activities.
- Develops and fosters strong partnerships with healthcare providers and community associations.
- Implements community programs with the purpose of (1) providing meaningful programs for community residents, (2) strengthening corporate commitment to the community, (3) building community coalitions, and (4) promoting WellCare.
- Develops relationships with community-based organizations to secure opportunities to promote WellCare to the constituencies of these organizations and government offices.
- Serve as a community liaison for WellCare.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required or equivalent work experience
- Required 4 years of experience in HMO/Managed Healthcare or Insurance Industry
- Required Other Proven success working in community relations or "grass roots" marketing efforts to drive results
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Other Experience in presenting information to large groups in a formal or informal setting
- Intermediate Other Established relationships with community leaders or the ability to develop those relations
- Intermediate Other Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid regulations and programs
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Other Appropriate State Health Insurance license where required by state