Implements programs to develop relationships with organizations to build community coalitions and promote health awareness and managed care. Develops and implements approved marketing strategies for events to interested candidates in the service area according to prescribed rules and regulations.
REPORT TO: Director, Field Sales & Marketing
- Markets WellCare through a combination of relationship building, event coordination, and community relations activities.
- Develops and fosters strong partnerships with healthcare providers and community associations.
- Implements community programs with the purpose of (1) providing meaningful programs for community residents, (2) strengthening corporate commitment to the community, (3) building community coalitions, and (4) promoting WellCare.
- Develops relationships with community-based organizations to secure opportunities to promote WellCare to the constituencies of these organizations and government offices.
- Serve as a community liaison for WellCare.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of experience in HMO/Managed Healthcare or Insurance Industry
- Proven success working in community relations or "grass roots" marketing efforts to drive results
- Experience in presenting information to large groups in a formal or informal setting
- Established relationships with community leaders or the ability to develop those relations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid regulations and programs
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Appropriate State Health Insurance license where required by state
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Preferred Bilingual English/Spanish