Provides direct management of non-exempt associates. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the call center and administrative support associates.
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs/Advocacy
REPORTS TO: Manager, Community Advocacy
- Manages and monitors key performance metrics and implements improvement plans either to the individual or at an aggregate level.
- Handles all direct employee personnel issues and processes, including performance management, appraisal processes, development planning, and career pathing.
- Supervises non-exempt direct reports assigning workload, monitoring quality and associate coaching.
- Collaborates with internal teams and departments to educate them on our department and how best to transfer social service inquiries to our department.
- Trains associates on new and existing processes.
- Facilitates and participates in staff meetings when appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing, updating, and creating training materials for the associates.
- Ensures all business processes are compliant with state and federal guidelines
- Performs service organization research, data entry and gap assignment/fulfillment.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Required a High School or GED
- Preferred a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 4 years of experience in a related field with experience in any of the following: customer service, call center, managed care, healthcare, social services
- Required experience supervising, leading, training and/or mentoring others
- Intermediate ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate ability to lead/manage others In-Depth knowledge of Health Insurance
- Intermediate demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry
- Intermediate demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Understanding of interdependencies on other business units such as Health Services, Provider Relations, Sales, Vendors, Claims
- Intermediate ability to multi-task
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred intermediate SharePoint