The Community Liaison operates as part of a cross-functional team. The liaison will help connect individuals to social service organizations in one of the variety of roles in the department: inbound/outbound phone calls to individuals seeking social service referrals, researching and populating the Navigator database with meaningful social service agencies and local community activities. The liaison may also perform quality checks and modifications to entries made in the Navigator database and participate in special projects as assigned.
Reports to: Supv, community Program Services
Department: Public Affairs - Advocacy
Position Location: Phoenix, AZ 85016
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Receives inbound phone calls from customers seeking social service referrals; provide referrals to members and non-members using HCRT and Navigator Database.
- Performs outbound calls to members to ensure quality of referrals provided.
- Conducts structured interview with member using Liaison Questionnaire to ensure quality referrals are made.
- Accurately loads and maintains social service organizations in My Family Navigator database.
- Researches and populates community events in Local Activity Tracker database.
- Performs Internet based research to identify available social service safety nets and local community activities that would benefit members.
- Researches social service resources in various states. Identifies and tracks resource gaps.
- Documents case activity in Medical Management Platform (MMP).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred 6 months of experience in Customer service, call center environment, social services organization
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Beginner Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills Ability to remain calm under pressure
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Outlook Basic typing, word processing, email systems, and data entry skills
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Word