LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
DEPARTMENT: Public Affairs-Advocacy
REPORTING TO: VP, Advocacy & Community Based Programs
Provides timely, accurate, actionable community and social service related data analysis. Initiates, leads and manages community analytics to meet key initiatives across the company. Develops initiatives to improve quality outcomes that leverage social service transactional data. Proactively initiates and develops community and social service related analytics for strategic and operating business decisions. Presents outcomes and policy recommendations to senior management including the SVP of public affairs, chief medical officer, chief human resources officer, EVP of Medicaid and more. Develops and maintains relationships and acts as primary point of contact with appropriate external academic and public health research institutions. Provides strategic direction to the analytics team.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Leads all academic research across the company regarding community and social service related analyses.
- Oversees all aspects of the community analytics and reporting team to meet key initiatives across the company.
- Design, develop and implement analytical and statistical models to evaluate and improve outcomes across all community functions.
- Oversees development of visual and analytical representation of community performance across the company.
- Design and oversee all methods to rigorously evaluate community health initiatives and the community impact overall model.
- Work cross functionally to take action on data and analyses identified.
- Collaborate with Medical Economics and Health Services to proactively use community data for predictive modeling and ID/Stratification.
- Proactively evaluate internal and external community health data to discern trends, anomalies and forecast future performance.
- Use community health data to provide recommendations to public policy and actuary on potential future reimbursement strategy.
- Develop workflows for and oversee the community analytics team by prioritizing projects and establishing expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required A Master's Degree in Public Health or Statistics
- Preferred A Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Public Health or Statistics
- Required 8 years of experience in health care, public health, academia
- Required 5 years of experience in management experience
- Preferred 5 years of experience in public speaking
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Advanced Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Other In-depth knowledge of health care financing
- Intermediate Other Self-starter, self motivated
- Intermediate Other Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Intermediate Other Must adequately provide a proactive approach and support to emerging business activities established to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Intermediate Other Ability to influence peers and collaborate across the company
- Intermediate Other Academic writing and publishing
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Other SAS, SPSS or other related Business Intelligence Software
- Preferred Intermediate Other Tableau