Cultivates relationships with community based organizations, advocacy and civic/community leaders throughout an assigned area or state. Researches social safety net providers (community based and other) in order to populate and update “My Family Navigator,” a database of regional social safety net programs and services, and identify creative gap-fill strategies and fundraising opportunities with state and regional leadership as dictated by available social safety net and public health statistics.
REPORTS TO: SR. MANAGER, ADVOCACY DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT: KENTUCKY COMMUNITY ADVOCACY
POSITION LOCATION: HAZARD, KY 41701
- Researches social safety net providers and services in assigned local market to build relationships with important community based organizations, advocacy and civic/community leaders, schools, faith-based organizations and other service organizations.
- Maintains relationships with important social safety net providers in order to populate and update “My Family Navigator,” (Navigator) a database of regional social safety net programs and services.
- Utilizes social safety net data in Navigator to identify gaps when compared to county public health data and membership data. Determines and identifies creative gap-fill strategies.
- Establishes and plugs into regional community planning efforts through HealthConnection Councils in order to help identify creative community based gap-fill strategies using local knowledge of needs and resources combined with community health and Navigator data.
- Establishes need-based partnerships with social safety net providers working in evidence-based programs with positive health outcomes.
- Identifies inbound and outbound grant opportunities and pursues obtainment in collaboration with Advocacy & Community Based Programs Department.
- Serves as a community advocate for WellCare at local events and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, public health, social services or related field is required
- 1 year of experience in proven success working in community advocacy and/or “grass roots” advocacy efforts to achieve results is required
- 1 year of experience in non-profit, advocacy, community organization, or social work/social services is required
- Sales experience is preferred
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Ability to establish relationships with community leaders
- Knowledge of Medicaid regulations and programs and/or knowledge of public health
- Microsoft Excel is required
- Microsoft Outlook is required
- Microsoft Word is required
- Microsoft PowerPoint is required