Supervises the regional/statewide community advocacy department. Establishes annual advocacy outreach plans including those for special populations as required by the state. Cultivates relationships with community based organizations, advocacy and civic/community leaders throughout the state. Researches social safety net providers (community based and other) in order to populate and update "My Family Navigator," a database of regional social safety net programs and services. Identifies creative gap-fill strategies and fundraising opportunities with state and regional leadership as dictated by available social safety net and public health statistics.
REPORTS TO: SR. MANAGER, ADVOCACY DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT: KENTUCKY-COMMUNITY ADVOCACY
POSITION LOCATION: HAZARD, KY 41701
- Implements strategic plans for the markets they serve.
- Maintains relationships with important social safety net providers in the community in order to populate and update "my family Navigator", a family of regional social safety new programs and services, to keep the navigator database as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
- Utilizes social safety net data in Navigator compared to county public health data and membership data to identify social safety net gaps in communities to establish HealthConnection Councils throughout the state and identify creative gap-fill strategies.
- Creates and launches need-based partnerships with social safety net providers, supporting evidence-based programs with positive health outcomes.
- Identifies inbound and outbound grant opportunities in collaboration with Advocacy & Community Based Programs Department.
- Positively positions WellCare among community health leaders and public health planning collaboratives.
- Provides coaching, counseling, training and performance management to new and current Community Advocates.
- Provides significant input into associates' performance evaluations and hiring and terminations of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in public health, social services and/or related field or equivalent work experience directly related to the duties of the job and perform the level of the position is required
- 4 years of experience in community advocacy and/or "grass roots" advocacy efforts in Managed Healthcare, Public Health, Social Services, and/or Community Based Organizations is required
- 1 year of experience in managed care is preferred
- 1 year experience in leading/supervising others is preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to present information to both large and small groups in formal and informal settings
- Healthcare Management Systems (Generic) is required
- Microsoft Excel is required
- Microsoft Outlook is required
- Microsoft Word is required
- Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred