Designs and delivers job-specific training programs and participating in the consultation, facilitation and coaching of employees to support the implementation of business strategies.
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Field Health Services
TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Trains, facilitates and assesses training programs for the market/field based nurses and health services staff in office and remote settings.
- Assesses, implements and evaluates instructional materials including training manuals, facilitation guides, training activities, role play scenarios, assessments, teaching aids, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools.
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to the management and Market Leadership.
- Mentors group dynamics to preceptors through the use of "learner focused" environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Develops and conducts audits to identify training needs and opportunities for performance improvement for health services utilization management department.
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensures they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth by WellCare .
- Produces professional presentations and training materials using MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Organizes the enrollment of students, assemble necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions to enhance the training process.
- Coordinates and schedules training programs, and prepares training status reports.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to design and develop blended learning solutions, including e-learning, multimedia, job aides, exercises, activities, testing and evaluation materials.
- Assesses the "job fit" of students during training and immediately reports progress directly to management and Market Leadership.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- May need to travel to additional office sites within the state.
- Required a Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required formal training in adult learning principles preferred (college level classes, or advanced certification training
- Required 3 years of experience in clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting
- Required 2 years of experience in managed care or a case management role
- Preferred experience with Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Design and Delivery of training programs using strong facilitation and communication skills. Evaluation of learner needs assessment of training programs and implementation of learning solutions for performance enhancement.
- Preferred direct training experience with member services, claims, customer service, call center and/or health management organization
- Preferred experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed health care or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ Online training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate ability to drive multiple projects
- Intermediate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate ability to implement process improvements
- Intermediate ability to analyze and interpret financial data in order to coordinate the preparation of financial records
- Advanced demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Advanced ability to work independently
- Intermediate ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Intermediate demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of healthcare delivery
- Advanced ability to solicit creative ways to improve upon curriculum materials and programs
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Required intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required intermediate Other Ability to learn company approved software and other industry software in order to perform job duties
- Preferred intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred intermediate Articulate
- Preferred intermediate Adobe Acrobat