Since 1985, WellCare Health Plans, Inc. has connected members with the resources needed to live healthier and more fulfilled lives. A leading provider of managed care services focused on Medicaid, Medicare and Prescription Drug Plans, WellCare serves approximately 4 million members and employs more than 6,500 individuals. Each day, our compassionate and collaborative team of professionals makes a lasting impact as they assist low-income adults, children, families, seniors, the blind and disabled. If you are passionate about getting involved in the community and committed to improving outcomes for our members, we encourage you to join our team.
Be part of our mission to serve.
At WellCare, we strive to enhance the health and quality of life of our members, while creating rewarding and enriching opportunities for our associates. Through a career with our customer-centered organization, you can be part of a caring team of professionals that delivers cost-effective and comprehensive health care plans for people around the country. In return, you'll be encouraged to excel in a culture that's rooted in empowerment, cooperation, diversity and community. We'll also reward your efforts with valuable experience, growth potential and generous benefits.
We invite you to join us and do well every day at WellCare.
We offer opportunities in the following areas:
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in nursing or related field
- Required 2 years of experience in a clinical acute care position(s), preferably in home health, physicians office or public health
- Required 1 year of experience in current case or disease management experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Ability to drive multiple projects a plus
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Ability to work independently Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments and prioritize workload
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans Ability to create, review and interpret treatment plans
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, members, and providers
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to implement process improvements
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel Intermediate knowledge and skills of MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook Express
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Other Bilingual skills