This position is forCare1st Health Plan in Phoenix, AZ, a WellCare Healthplans, Inc. company.
Assists the WellCare University with future assessment, instructional design, facilitation, teaching and monitoring educational programs.
Department:Arizona- Operations Claims, Medicaid
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service
Location: E Camelback Rd, Phoenix AZ 85016
Job Type: Salary/Exempt
- Teaches, facilitates and assesses training programs for WellCare University.
- Assesses instructional materials including training manuals, teaching aids, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools and provides appropriate feedback to Instructional Designer and Training Manager.
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provide written complete detailed recommendations to Manager of Training.
- Manages group dynamics through the use of "learner focused" environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensure they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth by Manager of Training.
- Produces professional color presentations and training materials using MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Coordinates and organizes enrollment of students, assemble necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions related to WellCare University.
- Assists Manager of Training with tasks as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required An Associate's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Required 2 years of experience in making presentations to groups of five (5) or more
- Preferred Experience with Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid
- Preferred Direct training and/or work experience with member services, claims, customer service, call center and/or health management organization.
- Preferred Experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: training and development HMO, managed healthcare or Insurance professional, curriculum development specialist, team leader for groups of 25 or more, online training or computer based learning professional, public speaker / seminar leader
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons.
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Proficient in writing professional self-study books and scripted lessons.
- Intermediate Other Ability to read large amounts of technical materials and extract key ideas for use in written / spoken lesson plans and programs.
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Advanced Macintosh Illustrator
- Required Advanced Macintosh Photoshop
- Preferred Advanced Adobe Acrobat
- Required Intermediate Other Skilled at conducting internet research