Location: Woodland Center Blvd/Idlewild Ave, Tampa, FL
Reporting to: Dir, Claims Audit
Department: Ops-Provider Operations
Oversees all audit types, considers issues and impacts at a departmental level, and has ongoing collaboration with key business partners to identify and root cause process issues. Manages performance of claim audits to determine financial risk and user compliance. Assists in developing policies and procedures to support operational audit process and reporting. Facilitates training and development of audit team members.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Tracks audit results for distribution and maintenance within Audit DB.
- Communicates regularly with other areas and facilitates issues related to audit results, rebuttals, and mediations.
- Identifies special audit opportunities based on trending analysis and claim activity related to payment corrections and financial errors.
- Manages and develops direct reports who include, supervisory personnel, and/or exempt and non-exempt individual contributors. Directs work assignments, measures results, and initiates personnel actions as required for assigned claims audit units.
- Recruits, selects, trains and retains highly qualified professionals. Mentors lower level management for succession planning.
- Ensures all productivity and quality standards are met, and develops course for improving when necessary. Proactively seeks improvements to productivity, quality and timeliness measures and implements solutions at a departmental level.
- Presents information to all levels of the organization regarding audit results, auditor performance, and recommendations for process improvement.
- Serves as subject matter expert for audit operations and claim related issues to facilitate final error disposition.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Required 5 years of experience in directly related area
- Required 3 years of experience in people leadership and management
- Required 4 years of experience in interpreting contracts as related to claims processing and system configuration
- Preferred 4 years of experience in managed care claim payments processes
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Other Claims Processing/Configuration knowledge, both professional and Institutional
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Ability to influence internal and external constituents
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Project •Knowledge of additional software programs as necessary.
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Other Demonstrated technical expertise in performing quality reviews along with analysis of results