This position is responsible for the overall operation of Population Health Solutions (PHS), including strategic direction, budget management, market engagement, clinical operations, and drive overall execution of Board and Executive meetings across PHS. The COO works closely with the leadership team to lead and direct the overall improvement of operations to meet business goals and projections.
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Dept.: HS - Administration
Location: Tampa (Henderson Road), FL
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- The Chief Operating Officer, will serve as the lead Operations partner to the Chief Medical Officer and the lead Operations role among each of the leaders of the functional areas within PHS.
- Responsible for ensuring the Corporate Utilization Management/Case Management programs are consistent across all Medicare and Medicaid states. All programs must be in accordance with Federal, State, or Company requirements.
- Develops strategic relationships with market leaders to ensure best practices are implemented and market to market comparisons and KPI’s are monitored and acted upon as required.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Develops strategic relationships across all markets with both Regional and State leadership to ensure ongoing process improvement, metric driven decision making with measurable outcomes.
- Directs the development and implementation of processes that include procedures and controls that will promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and the strategic direction of the organization.
- Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer to develop KPI’s that will be used to inform both the Board of Directors and Executive leadership about the organization's overall performance.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the Chief Medical Officer broad policies and objectives and insures their execution. Develops metrics, appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the leadership team and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develops and maintains a sound strategy of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Directs the development and establishment of business process improvement activities to optimize performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in business administration, finance or a related field
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field
- Required 10 years of experience in overall managed care, network management and/or business operations
- Required 7 years of experience in senior management with P&L accountability for a managed care organization
Licenses and Certifications:
- Advanced Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Advanced Other Provides proactive approach and support to emerging business activities established to remain competitive in the marketplace
- Advanced Other Proven ability to affect change and meet business goals, monitor progress and take corrective actions when necessary
- Advanced Other An extremely organized, disciplined, hands on and process oriented leader who is not afraid of digging into details when necessary
- Advanced Other Strong business acumen, intelligence, and capacity. Thinks strategically and implements tactically.
- Advanced Other Problem solves and approaches work from a “return on investment” perspective.
- Advanced Other Highly Flexible regarding schedules, priority shifts
- Advanced Other Ability to think creatively and out of the box.
- Advanced Other Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Advanced Other A “failure is not an option” mentality and demonstrated proactive management style.
- Advanced Other A vision and understanding of the future and subsequent changes required to meet business needs
- Advanced Other Comprehensive knowledge of delivery system operations, provider contracting, strategic planning and overall service delivery
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Other Knowledge of and/or ability to utilize COGNOS for budgetary decisions or review.