LOCATION: Henderson Road, Tampa, FL
REPORTING TO: Director, IT Vendor Relations
This position Leads the strategic sourcing activities for Information Technology spend categories such as Hardware, Maintenance, Client Services, and Software Licensing, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels. This successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Management Specialist's primary responsibility is to utilize the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
- Perform review, negotiation, and enforcement of standard and non-standard vendor contracts including but not limited to procurement contracts, professional services agreements, purchase orders, and service level agreements.
- Build and implement category management processes and system to support company's goals and mission statement relative to the sourcing and selection of strategic vendors providing goods/services to company.
- Develop, oversee and manage procedure development as it relates to vendor contracts administration, and other contract related risk management and compliance issues.
- Interface, communicate with, and educate company's senior executives, directors, and managers in the performance of company's Contract Review Approval, and Execution Policy and Purchasing Procedures.
- Ensure appropriateness of contract revisions to company approved contracting standards.
- Research, analyze, and track contractual financial obligations for accounting purposes.
- Initial research and analysis of contractual issues outlining applicable solutions and strategies.
- Compile, summarize and analyze data and facts regarding operations and other legal and business information as needed.
- Propose solutions to problems identified for discussion with senior executives, directors, and managers.
- Ensures contract performance and rewrites or amends as necessary.
- Works closely with legal counsel.
- Leads participants in the negotiation process of service level agreements.
- Exercise a high level of autonomy with minimal oversight in the performance of complex responsibilities.
- Manages and controls the contractual relationship with service providers; manages vendor penalties and incentives.
- Serves as the point of contact for both internal customers and vendors.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in contract administration/procurement
Desired (Nice to Have/Assets) skills/experience/education:
Information Technology global procurement experience
Experience within the IT infrastructure area a plus
Licenses/Certifications: Prefer advanced certification in legal, contracts, or procurement profession
Technical Skills/Requirements: Expert proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Intermediate experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and any contracts management system or procurement system preferred.