Location: Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL 33634
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Director, Care Coordination
Provides administration and department support for care management and clinical teams. Coordinates services and performs administrative functions. Assists in completing activities related to various cross functional projects in support of departmental goals.
- Responds to phones as assigned or team coverage as directed by Supervisor.
- Provides technical and administrative support to clinical and behavioral staff as needed.
- Assists, completes and submits special projects, reports or assignments to meet department needs and objectives.
- Serves as a liaison in corresponding and communicating with providers, vendors and WellCare contacts and/or members representative's.
- Produces, formats and edits correspondence and documents.
- Organizes a variety of administrative and clinical tasks and prioritizes in order of importance and impact on members and providers.
- Interacts with other departments including Claims, Intake, Enrollment and Member Services to resolve member and provider issues.
- Participates and supports tasks, including but not limited to: faxes, discharge preparations, request and/or collection of clinical information, engaging/contacting providers and creation of authorizations if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates Degree in a related field
- Required: 3 years of experience in a managed care, medical office or medical facility setting with demonstration of medical administration duties
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience with CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Ability to multi-task
- Work effectively within group to achieve desired outcomes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word