Provides administration and department support for clinical care management, case and disease management and field service coordination staff. Coordinates services and performs administrative functions. Assists in completing activities related to various cross functional projects in support of departmental goals.
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, CLINICAL CARE
DEPARTMENT: HEALTH SERVICES-INPATIENT SERVICES
POSITION LOCATION: BRENTWOOD, TN 37027
- Responds to phones as assigned or team coverage as directed by Supervisor.
- Provides technical and administrative support to clinical and behavioral staff as needed.
- Assists, completes and submits special projects, reports or assignments to meet department needs and objectives.
- Serves as a liaison in corresponding and communicating with providers, vendors and WellCare contacts and/or members representative's.
- Produces, formats and edits correspondence and documents.
- Organizes a variety of administrative and clinical tasks and prioritizes in order of importance and impact on members and providers.
- Interacts with other departments including Claims, Intake, Enrollment and Member Services to resolve member and provider issues.
- Participates and supports nursing tasks, including but not limited to: faxes, discharge preparations, request of clinical information, and creation of authorizations if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED is required
- An Associate's Degree in a related field is preferred
- 3 years of experience in a managed care setting, medical office or facility setting with demonstration of medical administration duties is required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience with CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Ability to multi-task
- Work effectively within group to achieve desired outcomes
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Proficient in Microsoft Office such as MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel is required *LI-RG