Provides administration and department support for clinical care management, case and disease management and field service coordination staff. Coordinates services and performs administrative functions. Assists in completing activities related to various cross functional projects in support of departmental goals.
Department: HS-Case Management
Reports to: Sr. Mgr, Corporate Care Coordination
Location: Tampa, FL.
Additional Responsibilities:Candidate Education:
- Responds to phones as assigned or team coverage as directed by Supervisor.
- Provides technical and administrative support to clinical and behavioral staff as needed.
- Assists, completes and submits special projects, reports or assignments to meet department needs and objectives.
- Serves as a liaison in corresponding and communicating with providers, vendors and WellCare contacts and/or members representative's.
- Produces, formats and edits correspondence and documents.
- Organizes a variety of administrative and clinical tasks and prioritizes in order of importance and impact on members and providers.
- Interacts with other departments including Claims, Intake, Enrollment and Member Services to resolve member and provider issues.
- Participates and supports nursing tasks, including but not limited to: faxes, discharge preparations, request of clinical information, and creation of authorizations if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred An Associate's Degree in a related field
- Required 3 years of experience in a managed care setting, medical office or facility setting with demonstration of medical administration duties
- Intermediate Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience with CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Other Work effectively within group to achieve desired outcomes
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word