Department: Health Services-Inpatient Care Mgmt
Reports to: Sr. Manager Clinical Care
Location: 8735 Henderson Road, Tampa, FL 33634
WellCare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor of Care Coordination to join our team! This role supervises 15 remote (Florida and Georgia) Care Coordination associates. Candidate must have an Associate’s degree and have 4 years of experience in a health care customer service or call center environment. Additionally, the selected candidate will preferably have a minimum of one year of leading/supervising others. We are looking for someone with a positive disposition to motivate, coach and encourage the team while ensuring case load metrics are being met. Additionally, our ideal candidate will be someone that is a proficient user of Microsoft Excel-i.e., ability to create pivot tables, formulas as well as filtering and maneuvering within various reports.
PLEASE NOTE: This exempt position is work from work at our Tampa campus with general hours of 8-5. There is potential for one day work from home after 6 months and all metrics have been met. Additionally, this role requires the selected candidate to rotate weekend and holiday coverage (can work from home) with their supervisory peers. This is a full-time, direct hire position with an outstanding benefits package and full cafeteria and fitness center on campus.
Oversees the day-to-day activities of the team to achieve quality and service driven objectives. Monitors productivity and quality of outbound calls, inbound calls and documentation according to policies and procedures. Manages the team's E-time and attendance. Handles escalated issues as needed.
Additional Responsibilities: Candidate Education:
- Supervises non-clinical support staff and department workflows to achieve successful quality outcomes and benefit maximization towards members' care.
- Supervises processes and procedures to ensure compliance with contractual, regulatory (Federal/State) and accreditation entities.
- Provides leadership and support to front-line staff.
- Monitors and tracks production and quality driven work and outcomes of team.
- Monitors associates' performance, productivity and quality through standard reports.
- Conducts one-on-one coaching and provides associates feedback routinely and as needed.
- Provides counseling/corrective action procedures when required.
- Maintains documentation of performance including attendance and disciplinary actions.
- Provides significant input into associates' performance evaluations and hiring/terminations.
- Manages the E-time process - including training and education.
- Conducts training for new associates and re-training based on changing policy and procedure
- Prepares and completes projects, reports and assignments as needed to meet departmental goals and initiatives.
- Attends company meetings in absence of manager.
- Makes process improvement recommendations to management.
- Act as primary contact for escalated calls and/or escalated issues or that require additional research and/or special handling.
- Investigates issues of an unusual nature and proposes solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified.
- Performs special projects as necessary
- Required An Associate's Degree in a related field
- Required 4 years of experience in a health care customer service or call center environment
- Preferred 1 year experience in leading/supervising others
Licenses and Certifications:
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Ability to work independently
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Other Demonstrate effective critical thinking and decision making skills
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word Proficient in Microsoft Outlook applications, including Word,Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook Ability to use proprietary health care management system
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)