Location: Henderson Rd, Tampa, FL 33634
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Manager, Business Analysis
Provides in-depth business knowledge and advanced technical support to one or more business areas through developed and ad-hoc analysis/reporting, as well as designing and programming complex, new processes/reports. Acts as subject matter expert for department or business unit on business systems/applications. Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people. Performs application/system design and implementation. Documents development requirements. Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Conducts business analysis and recommends technical alternative solutions to management as to course of action that best meets the organization's goals.
- Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in data/processes.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Creates multiuser, real-time, robust database solutions.
- Acts as subject matter expert to provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation, system analysis, technical design, programming and documentation of business applications/systems.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Provides oversight and resolves complex issues, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Provides guidance and training to staff on process, procedures and issue resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or equivalent work experience in technical data analysis, conducting system analysis meetings, developing system design documents, developing project plans with achievable milestones and deadlines, and mediating different department demands to gain approvals on system scope and design.
- Preferred: Master's degree in a related field, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. may be considered in lieu of some of the required experience (not to exceed 2 years)
- Required: 4 years of experience in relevant programming to include SAS, SQL, VB.NET, or Oracle (or similar depending upon departmental requirements)
- Required: 3 years of experience in related business analysis
- Preferred: 1 year of experience in Healthcare
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred: SAS Certification
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SQL Server System
- Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS)
- Oracle Database Management System (DBMS)